Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My morning smoothie

Since I began the quest to do a yoga practice of some kind everyday, I wanted to also drink a smoothie full of fruits and veggies in the morning and juice from my juicer it the afternoon. Usually I make enough smoothie for me and Steve but he had his left over from yesterday so I had to figure out how to make a smoothie for one. :) It happens to be very green today because of all of the healthy spinach. Luckily it did not taste at all like spinach. It was actually very yummy!

This morning, I used my new mysore rug as I did rehab on my hamstring. We will be doing Ashtanga in my power group tonight so I just did a light practice. The big differnce that I am noticing thus far is that my morning dialog in my head is changing. I do not talk myself out of getting up, not that my tired brain does not try, I just get up and move past the thoughts. The shower does help motivate me to get up. Because I am not supposed to put on lotion before my practice, I have began to spray my skin with a little apple cider vinegar and water. It really does keep me soft during practice and not so itchy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment